See your future at Conavi!
Join our collaborative and entrepreneurial team that is designing and manufacturing minimally invasive innovative imaging solutions that improve cardiac care around the world.
Conavi Medical’s Foresight ICE catheter is the world's first intracardiac echo system with the capability to acquire 2D and 3D images with a broad field-of-view that includes both side-viewing and forward-looking capabilities. Our Novasight Hybrid System enables simultaneous imaging of coronary arteries with both intravascular ultrasound (IVUS) and Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT).
We are currently looking for Senior Manufacturing Engineers to lead in the development and implementation of optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications, quality standards and the business objectives. One position will focus on sustaining production of our capital equipment and the other one will be focused on scaling up the manufacture of our catheters.
In these positions, you will:
- Evaluate existing and develop new manufacturing processes by analyzing production data and gathering information from colleagues in production and quality control; guide others in the development of their designs and approve the designs as required
- Design, document, and provision the manufacturing processes for the improvement of existing processes, design of new technologies, and/or scaling up of production volumes.
- Collaborate with design engineers and production technicians to implement design for manufacturing
- Design/fabricate or select tooling, automation, test equipment for production
- Develop and implement the control and calibration procedures for tooling, automation and test equipment; guide others in the development of their proposals or plans; review and approve the proposals of others as required
- Develop and monitor process control points in mfg. process and testing requirements/procedures; develop and maintain statistical controls; guide others in the development of their process control points and testing requirements/procedures; review and approve the proposals of others as required; analyse the team’s collective statistical control reports, identify issues and develop proposed solutions
- Develop and deliver clear training materials for production staff
- Listen to production staff and support the resolution of challenges or the introduction of process improvements
- Collaborate with suppliers of outsourced parts, assemblies and products to resolve quality or supply issues; resolve issues escalated from other positions or larger trends identified
- Actively lead in the investigation and resolution of Corrective Action and Preventative Action (CAPA)
- Validate and verify production processes; prepare and present validation and verification reports; review team’s validation and control reports to improve report quality and identify larger issues for review with leadership
- Develop and implement initiatives that drive efficiency and increase product yields; Review and provide feedback to others on their initiatives
- Mentor junior colleagues on the principles of manufacturing, process engineering, and design for manufacturability
- Act as a designate for the manager during their absence as requested
- Promote, and adhere to, health and safety initiatives and requirements
You possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or above degree in engineering (mechanical, electrical, industrial, process)
- P.Eng. designation is an asset
- Significant experience in mfg. engineering positions operating under a Quality Management System in the medical device industry (8+ years) within a small and fast-paced company
- Catheter-focused position must have strong experience in the successful manufacture of specialized catheters
- Strong working knowledge of ISO 13485 and CGMP
- Expert skills and knowledge in preparing and updating mfg. documentation such as process maps and work instructions
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Word, Visio, Access) and ERP or MRP systems
- Teamwork-oriented approach to achieving goals
- Skills in coaching and training people
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational ability and attention to detail
- Strong problem resolution skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize duties and execute tasks in a timely manner
- Strong self-initiative and work ethic
- Ability to travel occasionally (e.g. supplier locations)
Conavi Medical values diversity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates including women, visible minorities, indigenous people, and persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require disability-related accommodation or other grounds protected by human rights legislation during the recruitment process so that we can work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all candidates for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.